Sunday 10 April 2011

A FAREWELL TO THE BEST TEACHER


Of all my school years of teachers after teachers,
Ma’am you are the nicest,
You stood by me in the worst of times,
And were in my heart during the best.

When mom told me we were leaving,
I pictured VI C with you,
I was looking forward to another year,
Hoping that you’d teach that class too.

I wait each day for you to walk in class,
Just to let me know you’re not absent,
You were the first thing I liked about this school.
Ma’am you have found a place in my heart,

Where, for me, you’ll always be present.

Whenever I think of you;
I’ll see the smile that won my heart,
The twinkling eyes that assured me that everything’s alright
And your soothing, happy voice ,that made my spirits lift, try as I might.

So ma’am, please, when you think of me,
I hope you see a poet, a story bookworm and your greatest fan,
I also  hope my poem touched your heart,
The way you touched mine…
                2010’

No comments:

Post a Comment